Saturday, January 23, 2010

Welcoming myself back!

It's been to long since I made a post.  I thought no one was reading this, so I kind of slacked, but while planning my trip to MHFoS, my friend Pascal from Canada asked why I stopped writing?  I guess there are people reading this, and as long I keep writing, people will keep reading...I hope. 

Back to skating.  This has been the year of races for me.

I'll pick up at Maryhill, which was AWESOME!  So what if it isn't the fastest, or most technical course on the circuit!  I'd recommend it to everyone!  Good times, great people, and so many good memories.  While out west, for my first time, I was able to skate several parks including Burnside, visited Daddies Board Shop (great folks), and skated the Zoobomb.  I qualified 68th, one above Chris Chaput!, but unfortunately I was crashed out of my first heat, and finished 73rd overall, which isn't bad for my first world series downhill race.  I walked away with a tweeked knee, and high spirits. 

I also raced the Farm '09, Can/Am Slalom Championship, and a Brattleboro outlaw.  The Farm is a slalom event that everyone should try to attend, not only because of the great skating, and killer party, but also because it won't be around much longer.  Antrim, NH, home of the '09 Can/Am Championship, is a quaint little New England town that just RIPS!  The town folk were all pumped to have us, and made for a great venue.  I would like to thank Richard, and Boredom Boards, who sponsored me for the event, and gave me the deck that allowed me 3rd place in B class.  Nick Grasso threw an outlaw DH event in his hometown of Brattleboro, Vermont.  Nick was an excellent host, making everyone feel at home, and taking us to all his favorite skate spots.  Too bad the weather, and police weren't cooperating that day.  Thank you Nick, for all the hard work and planning, it didn't go unnoticed.  Next time....

Thanks to everyone who made the '09 season the best skating yet, and I hope you all skate well into the next year!  Is 16 degrees too cold to skate?  I think not.

No comments:

Post a Comment